Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Twenty Seven

This week, I turned twenty-seven.  I can't think of a better birthday gift than to realize that in just another couple of months, I get to meet and hold our baby boy.  But as if that wasn't enough, I got to hang out with a girlfriend and her adorable son, spend the day with some more of my Colorado girlfriends talking and eating french food and ice cream, smell fresh roses and tulips, receive lots of phone calls and messages from family and friends living far away, and have a snowed-in pajama night with my husband.  Matthew also had a big presentation due that needed some work that night, so I had a first 'mom' experience helping him set up a display board and mounting his pictures.  What could be better than spending a birthday surrounded by and hearing from people you love?

My wonderful Colorado friends - Emily, Jill, and Brooke

Beautiful pink roses from Marisa and pink/yellow tulips from my husband

Matthew's big project

1 comment:

  1. Both pretty pink bouquets suit you. Remember all the pink and green outfits I put you in between ages 3 and 8? Glad you had some girlfriend fun and some cozy pi's and project time with Matthew on your first snow-day birthday! XO-Mom

    ReplyDelete