Saturday, May 4, 2013

Outside

We are really enjoying the beautiful spring weather over here, even all the rain.  It makes everything so lush and green, particularly where we are in northern Tennessee / lower Kentucky area.  I have even discovered that I really enjoy yardwork, of all things.  Except I can't seem to keep potted plants alive.

William, however, hasn't yet enjoyed the outdoors as much as his mommy and daddy would like for him to.  I think it scares him.

case in point.

It took what seemed like forever for him to even sit on the swing for any period of time.  But after a few tries, I think he gets it.

:: laughing out of control ::

It's been such a delight to my soul to be able to take in the beauty of the outdoors even when I am primarily inside due to this season of life in raising a lil' baby.  I am so grateful for our house's windows that reach to the ground and for the front door being all glass so that I can see this everyday.

View from our front porch at sunset, around 7:30pm
 Sunset, in particular, is so beautiful.




The way the sunlight hits makes the branches look like they are on fire.


Started taking down the porch banister to open things up a bit

Getting to know our neighbors, Barb and Buddy.  Buddy mows our grass when our mower is broken.  They have a puppy that William loves and a sweet camper.

Workin on my not-so-green thumb



 
After sun has set

Every morning when I go to get William out of his crib, we go look out the window and say, "Hello outside!" This is, of course, after I have smothered him in kisses and before he has let me take off the massive overnight diaper, which is even larger in this session because I was outta my more trim hemp inserts.  So stuffing instead with two large prefolds made sense.

Anyway, he really loves to look out the window and say "WOW" in this really cute whispery-kinda voice.


Then he darts back at me, climbs all over me...

Then it's back to the window.

And sometimes he dances in the sunlight.

Taking off again.

Back to the window.
 

This is generally when he discovers the curtains.


Playing is hard work for this little guy.

2 comments:

  1. Love the light on the trunk of your tree --and the geraniums! Seems your thumb is greener than you thought!
    William will learn to love being outside. Soon you will have a hard time getting him to come in. Wish you both could go with me on my walks here -- the Wildflower Trails, the Rhododendron Trail -- now the Rodo's are in full bloom, as are the Mountain Laurels. William would love seeing the turtles -- so many turtles! sunning themselves on logs in one of the lakes that I walk beside often.
    How wonderful it would be if every baby had a Mommy like you. And, or course, you know what I think of that baby's Daddy! Love you all, V V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to come make another slow run through this post this morning--an unrushed one, since I first saw it while on the road and was so touched by it. The photos and observations warm a mother's heart and bless a ya ya's soul! It's neat to know you share the passion for all the beauty in the world God created, and it's a special blessing to witness you and Matthew creating your own beautiful little home and precious little family. God is good.

    ReplyDelete