Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Three Little Nieces


With husband away at a 15-day training course, I decided to spend just a few days in Athens visiting my brother and sister in law and their three precious girls.  I got some serious Aunt Mallory time that warmed my heart, and William got to spend some time with his three cousins.

I loved getting to know my nieces better, and seeing how each of their personalities is so unique.

     Charlotte is definitely the witty one who will crack you up with jokes all day long.  She looks for ways to make you laugh, and you will get a guaranteed laugh out of her if you say "bananapants."  She is so smart and loves a challenge.  Loved getting to read books and play imaginative games with her, and hear her read her books back to me.
     Lily is just sooo sweet!  She smiles at just about everything, and she has that sensitive heart that I can so identify with.  She is compassionate and always wanted me to know when William was crying so I could go tend to him.  At the same time Lily is the mischievous one.  Like if you're wondering who poured goldfish onto the floor, it would probably be Lily.  Wouldn't have expected that combo, but it's pretty adorable.
      Emma is the third and youngest one, and Christine and I laughed about how she does not have that 'third child' syndrome at all!  This girl knows how to get what she wants, yet she also has the compassionate and gentle heart and loves to to play and especially dance!  She is a bit of everything it seems... just a big ball of fun.

It is so amazing to me that these girls are actually related to me, and I get to be their Aunt Mal.  What a gift!  It was fun to share some Easter books with all of them, do some crafting, play games, and just be together being girls.

Playing with Charlotte and Lily building castles, dragons.. and draw bridges to keep the dragons out of the castles, of course

All three :)

My dad and stepmother Mary Alice were so kind to travel to see us in Athens so that William and I could keep our destination in one location.  William loved seeing mimi and pop pop, as did I.


Loved seeing my two cousins, Janet and Jes, and Jes' girlfriend Candyn.  Also got some great down time in with my sister in law Christine while babies napped.  Even got to spend more time with Christine's wonderful sis, Lee Anne, and be the benefactor of her and Christine's hospitality in hosting us.  I am so blessed to have these people in my life and grateful for the opportunity to spend time with them though we live states away.

William even got to see Aunt Becky at her job on our way through Atlanta back to Clarksville.  And Becky hooked this girl up with some additions to the wardrobe.  At the time I was in a sweatshirt / hoodie...can you say "mom"?


Praise the Lord for His good gifts of family for myself and for my child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment