Sunday, November 13, 2011

Four Months and Counting...

As of this week, I am four months along in pregnancy.  It's hard to believe, but both my growing stomach and extremely large appetite tell me that it's true.  I want to document some of the great (and not-so-great!) things that have come along with this pregnancy thus far.

Week 1 - Complete excitement and utter cluelessness.  Disbelief that this is really happening.   Craaaaving Chic-fil-A...but only the fried stuff!  Lots of fear at the beginning that something will go wrong.  Lots of prayer as a result and learning to trust more in my Maker, who has already determined all of our days (Psalm 139:16).

Weeks 2-9 - Pretty itchy due to eczema, which can oftentimes worsen with the raging hormones of pregnancy.  Still in disbelief.  Feeling bloated and incredibly fatigued.  Stop waking up with Matthew at 5 and start sleeping in to avoid mid-day naps.  Hair and nails look great thanks to these horse-sized vitamin pills!  Nauseated, mostly at nighttime, but not throwing up.  Very strong aversions to peanut butter and mild aversions to meat and vegetables/salad.  No longer craving Chic-fil-A... went there and didn't even want the fries!  Can't even eat candy corn, which used to be my favorite candy.  Very difficult to work out due to nauseated feeling when stomach is still, much less being tossed about.

Week 10 - We see our baby for the first time and hear the heartbeat.  (Actually threw up in the hospital bathroom before the big moment).  Most incredible experience to see that baby with my husband standing next to me in amazement.  Starting to believe this is all happening, and belly is poking out.  No longer sleeping through the night.  Waking up at least two, if not three times, to use the bathroom!

Weeks 10-12 - Throwing up consistently each night and sometimes during the day.  When I'm not throwing up, I'm feeling like I'm going to throw up or itching like crazy.  It's much worse on an empty stomach, so I force myself to snack throughout the day.  This was the most miserable part, but I know I'll do it all over again!

Weeks 13-14 - Nausea has subsided, and I'm able to cook once again.  Matthew is relieved.  Feeling a huge burst of energy and able to work out again. Tummy growing rapidly.

Weeks 15-16 - Leggings/spandex have become my best friend.  People starting to notice the baby bump.  Still itchy but mostly at night.  HUNGER LIKE NEVER BEFORE IN MY LIFE....
-------------------- (posted later)
Weeks 17-19 - Lots of energy.  Feels great to exercise except for the fact that I have to use the bathroom immediately when I start bouncing around.  Still having a huge appetite.

Weeks 19-20 - Find out the sex of our baby at 19 weeks.  It's a boy!  Baby hiccups during ultrasound.  Weight about 13 oz and looks like it's gonna have some long legs.  At end of week 20 we think we've narrowed down his name to William Reid.

Week 21 - Baby starting to kick much more noticeable and hiccup frequently.  Matthew feels baby's hiccups for first time during our flight to GA on December 21.  Very sweet.  I cried :).  Not surprising!...  Family throws us a gender reveal party on the 22nd when we get to spill the beans that it's a boy.  Baby's movements happening a lot more throughout the day and when I lay down at night.  Notice belly actually moving during his movements.  Totally weird! 

11 weeks
16 weeks


The hungry face.  Just finished a very large lunch after church and caught myself already in the cabinets once we got home.

Ethiopian restaurant that is my new favorite place and fulfills a major craving.  I ate more than Matthew and his friend combined.  The sweet lady who owns the restaurant gave me free seconds on Misser Alecha and free dessert for being pregnant and so hungry!  We will definitely be back.

This is how Ethiopian food is eaten - with your hands and Injera, the brownish, amazing, slightly sour, spongy pancake-like bread made from teff.

Hungry yet?  I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment