Sunday, August 11, 2013

Forks, Spoons, and Big Boy Dishes

William has always impressed us with his eating skills.  But in the past couple of months, he has gotten to where he does not even want to eat without having utensil in hand.  Started with fork, and has now moved on to the spoon.  And as of this month he can be trusted with his very own ceramic bowl on his tray.  This is his "special" bowl that was mine at his age... my mom got one for my brother and I on a trip to England.  And he knows not to pick up his bowl with his hands, although he loves to pretend to go for it with a big smirk on his face and mischievous eyes darting from beneath his eyelids.  We are moving up in the world of table manners.  Slowly... :-p

We are still not sure whether he will be a lefty like daddy or righty like momma.  But so far he definitely favors his left hand.

His affections for oatmeal are unmatched.  Prefers it over sugary cereal, toast and jelly, omelets, pancakes....and asks for oatmeal when I try to give him something else (his asking is more of a grunt, but I know what it means :)).

Excited about his new skill.  No more scraping oatmeal with hands off of a tray (yessssss).

Posing for camera

I love his silly side

Tentatively picking up his bowl while I'm saying "no no baby"

"But mom!  Look at my adorable face!"

2 comments:

  1. You were 15 months old when I went to England on a spring break tour, along with other faculty and a group of students from Valdosta High, where I was teaching English. Sweet to see W's little hands wrapped around the same bowl I brought back for you--never thought that far ahead when I purchased it at a little side-street china shop near Harrod's in London. Even if he manages to fling and break it, it's wonderful to know it survived to feed at least your first, if not second and more! (Hoping, but not expecting! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete