Sunday, August 18, 2013

Tentative

Our life plans used to feel somewhat more concrete.  Now with kiddo in tow, plans have become much more tentative.  Like the time I left a friend's house recently just before a delicious dinner was served because William suddenly got a temp of 100.4.  And like this past Friday when I was so excited to head to Memphis where Matthew and I used to live and visit old friends for a whole weekend.  However, the trip got cut short due to little Will getting a pretty violent stomach bug.  Kids definitely keep you on your toes.  But they are so worth it!

The positives were...
...we got to spend some awesome time with our friends Ben and Emily Bailey eatin waffles and hanging out and just spending great time together.
...We were able to still see SO many familiar faces at a big church party Friday night and just spend time catching up with great friends.
...I got to deliver all twelve signs from my big summer project for the AMBER Adoption Fund Fundraiser.

And last but not least...

...We got some amazing local pizza and Jerry's sno cones.

This helps to balance out the not-so-positives, which would be William having about five blowout diapers back to back along with throwing up down my back and onto the poor Bailey's floor.


Tub time with buddy Abe




Quick pic before we headed back.  William is blowing a kiss.

Blowing another kiss.  He really loves to share his sugar.

Jerry's on our way back

I know he loves something when he opens up before it's on his spoon.

What couldn't be better when you've had a stomach bug?  I mean... you know I love this child when I give him half of my sno cone.

No comments:

Post a Comment