Sunday, August 11, 2013

Next Little Joy

When I think of our next little joy on the way, I feel as if I've received a tremendous gift that I didn't deserve.  And I immediately think of this verse -

If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him! ~Matthew 7:11

I also think constantly of many friends and family who have experienced, or are currently experiencing, such great loss when it comes to receiving such a gift as a child.  Heartaches one after another.  Miscarriages and even surgical procedures to remove the life that once was.  I have shed tears and prayed on my knees asking our good Lord to grant such a gift to these women.  It would be petty of me to even pretend to know what that's like, much less to offer cheap encouragement.  This verse is just encouragement that we serve a God who is good, all the time, and that His gifts are always good, whether he sustains our next baby or does not.  We just can't know what is going on in the heavenly realms, but we know that there is much going on up there that we WILL one day know, if we trust in Him alone for salvation.

I've been reading from Job in the past few months, and the entire book is based on a decision made in the heavenly realms between God and Satan, that God would allow Satan to send trial after trial upon Job knowing Job would stand firm in his faith.  I mean, who wants to be that guy?  But it's a comfort to know that when we experience trial, we serve a God who is Sovereign over it.  And we may not know, or ever know, why... but He does.  And one day we'll be with Him.  And He'll wrap us up in His arms, and we'll then have all we've ever needed and will ever need for all eternity.

We are praising Him for this good gift that we do not deserve, and praying He would sustain this little life for His glory.  And praying (bc it's impossible to get this mindset without it!!!) I'd hold my children with loose hands so that their lives would be lived out for King Jesus...if it means I get them for a few years, for a lotta years, if God takes them many miles away or has them close to mama's arms.  I love you already baby H no. 2!  Thank you Jesus!

Two peas in a pod

1 comment:

  1. May God bless Little Hillis No. 2 as He has No. 1! Can't wait to get to know the beautiful surprise growing inside!

    ReplyDelete