Sunday, March 25, 2012

Baby Shower in Memphis

I've got a lot of catching up to do on my blog, as I recently was blessed with THREE amazing baby showers in a span of two weeks.  Since then (and having 29 days until due date), I've been in major baby mode.  Days have consisted of writing thank yous, laundering baby clothes, sorting, purchasing the last needed items, packing for hospital, sanitizing bottle parts, preparing the nursery, etc!  But my goal is to catch up on blogging so that I can always remember how special the past month has been.

After a week in Memphis, Stephanie and the women of Grace church went in together to throw an amazing shower for baby Will and me.  My mom and stepfather were able to drive up for the shower, and Matthew was also able to fly in to see old friends and hang out with Charlie while women and estrogen levels took over his house.

Steph made this wreath for William that is now hanging above his crib!

I got to give my laundry list of prayer requests for each lady to take and lift up to Jesus.  What could be better than having others intercede to the Father on your behalf?
Prayer request bags and cute airplane decor

I have got to figure out my lens in low light!  Here's lovely April, her newest baby Blake, and the amazing hostess Stephanie.

Yum!

How cute!  The fabric bunting is now above Will's changing table :)

Cassie made these cupcakes, and they were yummy.

Steph found these in someone's dumpster and made the cute letters with her scrapbooking skillz.

Verse that so beautifully coincides with the airplane theme
My beautiful friends from Grace church

The boys playing video games while watching Nola

These games make me dizzy, but Matthew and Charlie could play for hours!

April, Blake, Lindsey and Emily hangin in the kitchen

Lauren, Cassie (other amazing hostess!), me and Allie

It was so incredibly wonderful seeing these friends again after about 8 months of being gone

So thankful Beka drove in from Arkansas.  It was great seeing her!

More of my pretty friends who it was so incredible to see - Allie, Kelly, Brittany and Emily (who was so sweet to come even though the first trimester of pregnancy is keeping her pretty nauseated!)

Lindsey, Heidi and Brienne hanging on the couch.  Heidi is due a couple of weeks before me, and Brienne is getting married in April!

Heidi and me... pregnancies two weeks apart!  I'm fairly certain William is still bigger than Greta.  That's apparently how we grow 'em in my family!

My sweet mama and me

Pose with the lovely hostess and gal who always goes above and beyond to make me feel loved

My hubby and me who I love even though he decided to trim his own hair when I was away-lol.  He still steals my heart.

Glad my mama and Paul could come and meet everyone and everyone meet them.  This was such a special, special day.

1 comment:

  1. Very special, indeed! Enjoyed sharing this happy event with you and meeting all the sweet friends you and Matthew made during your Memphis years. What a fun and generous gathering Steph and the Grace friends put together for welcoming your and Matthew's first child! --XO, Momma

    ReplyDelete