Sunday, March 25, 2012

Missing My Husband

As I sit here typing this blog post, bear in mind I'm watching 'P.S. I Love You' on Lifetime.  Seems like I've been watching lots of sappy love stories on television this week since my husband went to San Antonio for some Army training.  HA--and Army Wives just came on after PS I Love You... how convenient!  It seems like everything reminds me of my husband when he's gone.  I can't deny that I'm more than a little attached to this man who I can't imagine life without.  And I'm more than a little lost without him around.

With a baby on the way in less than one month now, I'm reminded of the wonderful man who helped bring this about.  But there are some fears... like how will having a baby affect your marriage?  It's a little scary to me to have another life come into our lives after four years of having each others' company solely.  Will I treat my baby as an imposter?  Or will I treat him as my new love and Matthew as old hat?  These are just honest questions I have, and I have to believe that other moms face them as well.  It's a huge life change!  It's a good reminder, though, of how sinful we are as humans and how in desperate need we are of a Savior and God's Word to guide our every thought and action.  Though these thoughts can enter in and cause fretfulness if dwelled upon, I know I have a Savior who has already conquered death and provided a way for me to have life with Him eternally.  So... "whom shall I fear?"(Ps. 27:1)

In light of these things, I have been clinging to this particular verse given to me by Steph.
"Only fear the Lord and serve Him faithfully with all your heart.  For consider what great things He has done for you." ~1 Samuel 12:24

With hints of warmer weather here and there, Matthew and I have been able to get out more and enjoy being together in beautiful Colorado.  I want to share some pics from our recent "date" days :).  Though it's a little scary to anticipate this little life that's about to burst into ours, it's also the most amazing experience to share with Matthew because we're in it together, and this little life is a part of each of us.  It's amazing that the Lord allows us to be a part of His miracle-making process.

Ice cream date and walking around downtown Colorado Springs

Almond Joy icecream!

Saturday hike at the Air Force Academy


I'm a little ridiculous-looking at this point.  Five more weeks to go in this pic.

Handsome.

Love my rugged man.


Favorite shot

William should be well-adept to experiencing life at high altitudes by his arrival.

Found a cave-like spot

We thought we would be able to do some fishing, but we were mistaken!  This is not the first time this has happened to us here in CO.

It was "a little steep." (Matthew's words) :)

Had to end our journey at the frozen waterfall.  Shoes weren't quite equipped to continue, and neither was this pregnant lady.

Hilarious

View from the end of our journey!  We hiked back down a ways and had a slightly chilly picnic with southwestern tabbouleh salad, chips and yogurt.  It was great to spend some time in the beautiful outdoors with my adventure man.

  Looking forward to Matthew's return from Texas this Thursday!  :)  Can you tell??

1 comment:

  1. 2 comments...

    One, please tell me Matthew did NOT do the whole I don't want any ice cream and then try to eat some of yours? When will he learn?

    Second, You look amazing! It's all W in there! He looks like he has really dropped since you were here!

    Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete