Thursday, January 19, 2012

Six Months and Counting...

Right now I am about 25 weeks along (27 according to my doctors, but that's another story :)) and feeling great.  At 25 weeks, the baby weighs just over a pound and a half and is around 13.5" long.  It's hard to believe that can fit inside of a person... much less be able to come out of a person!

Here's an update to my last pregnancy posting.

Week 22 - Feeling more huge than ever and developing quite the complex about it.  Breaking out all over, which also causes a girl to dwell too much on her physical appearance.  Begin praying about my pridefulness in looking too much at outward appearance and not enough at the heart. 

Week 23 - Baby kicking lots and lots, especially at nighttime.  We read that baby can definitely hear us and see light through his eyelids.  He also has more tastebuds than he will at birth, so I'm eating a variety of good foods hoping that he won't be a picky eater :).  Appetite seems to be stabilizing.  Rashes that came with pregnancy have finally ceased, praise the Lord!

Weeks 24-25 - Baby started kicking when Matthew came home from work and was talking on the phone in his deep voice.  Belly making it more difficult to turn over in bed or get out of bed, much less bend over.  Nesting mode has kicked in at full steam!  Registering and nursery planning like a madwoman.  Hair is more full than ever before.  Matthew calls it my movie star hair.  I'm told my extra locks will fall out promptly after delivery...

Weeks 26-27 - William is 2 lbs 10 oz at checkup...whoa!  So thankful he is growing and healthy.  Also, he has turned upside-down now with head in birthing position... double whoa.  Let's hope he stays that way!  I thought I felt some pretty high kicks this week.  Almost couldn't get the gross glucose drink down at my appointment, but glad to know I don't have gestational diabetes.  Was a little nervous about that after licking a bowl of icing the night before the test when making cookies...

11 weeks

16 weeks

24 weeks

6 comments:

  1. I love this! Thanks for updating us- the pictures are too cute! :D
    ~Laura Lancaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to capture all that's going on during this time. Thanks for taking a look. Missing you girl!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my sweet friend! I am dying to see you in person! You are SO stinkin' cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY!!! I can't believe how the baby bump has jumped out there between 5 and 6 mos.! It's all right there in a tight little basketball now. It's still so hard for me to fathom. Much excitement ahead for sure! Love & hugs, Mom :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basketball is right, mama. It's even more firm feeling now and a lot less easy to maneuver when trying to get up off the sofa-lol.

      Delete