Thursday, June 27, 2013

Celebrating Baby Lixey

It was a lot of fun getting to throw my dear friend Nicki a baby shower along with other dear friends Cassie and Trish.  Babies are a great excuse for a party!!


The spread

Yummy cupcakes

Trish and Gna!

Decorations and Trish's delicious coffee punch aka Wendy's frosty with hint of coffee flavoring

Water and tulips.  Couldn't find teal flowers...go figure...so went with contrasting color instead.

Nicki sharing her funny stories and workin the crowd


Trish's crockpot party mix was yum. 

Hanging out while playing Cassie's fun games she made for us


Present time with Cassie and Nicki


Baby boy or girl???  We won't know until July!

The lovely mama and Tiffany

Nicki's husband Brian on boy patrol

Jen learning way more than she could ever want to know about babies

Watermelon baby carriage.. haha.

Seems like crystal goes better with tablecloths but we just kinda tried to mix elegant and rustic!

Wreath for baby boy/girl.

My husband ate a steak for dinner, with his bare hands.  Nights like these I wonder what his life would really be like without a woman in it..... #Isaybarbaric  #hesaysmanlier

Nicki and big brother Sawyer!

4 comments:

  1. Super cute par tay! The wreath might be my fav. P.S. I'm glad Matthew is putting those mugs to good use with his steak eating. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally found the shower post. LOVE it all...wish I coulda been there to enjoy the lady time with you and see you three hostesses' handiwork in person. Everything turned out beautiful--wreath, menu, decor. Looks like another sweet group God has blessed y'all with! Best wishes to Nicki & family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, this is weird I know, I was a student of Mrs. Lixey a long time ago. I remembered her tonight and wanted to thank her but have no connection; which isn’t surprising. By no means was I an extrodinary student so she might only vaguely remember me; if she remembers at all(I was an awkward kid and needed a haircut). I hope she’s doing well and that anyone who sees this and knows her might pass it on; and that she might be reminded and encouraged. It’s an odd night with which I find myself reflecting and Nicki came to mind. As I think of the situations and concerns I have, I remember advice and concerns she shared when she was my teacher. I’m considering pursuing ordination in my church along with other things. Nicki did not often talk about her faith directly but I remember several times of it expressed indirectly. Specifically she showed and articulated how to love others selflessly; especially students. Oddly enough she once shared some of the dynamics of her relationship before marriage to a few students other than me in the classroom, I overheard and it has impacted how I appreciate and approach them as a Christian. I don’t have great depth to share, I can only vividly remember 4 memories with Mrs. Lixey; nor does this seem like a time or medium to share. But, I do want to say that each of them carries an quality and characteristic of Christ in what she said or did; and one that has stuck with me nearly 8 years! This blog is old, Nicki... if I remember right you’re probably no longer teaching and as it seems you’re likely a mother of several. I hope you’re still close to Christ and shaping those younger than you. God bless- Micah Ringelberg

      Delete
    2. Micah, How kind of you to share these remarks about Nicki. I forwarded your message to her email. It made her day. Thank you again!

      Delete